Friday, January 31, 2014

What if...

What if...

-Mach 5 went to worlds
-We went to New Orleans
-I didnt go to Worlds last year
-I didn't have a job
-I never did gymnastics
-I never went to cheer with Tiffany
-I didnt do UCA
-I didnt do cheer in HS
-My parents werent divorced
-I grew up to be a cheer coach
-I never decided to go to college
-I never graduated from HS


What if Mach 5 went to Worlds in 2014? What if we went to New Orleans and got a bid to go to The Cheerleading Worlds. That's any cheerleaders dream is to go to Worlds of Cheerleading. Where teams from China, Austraila, and even Aftrica come to cheer all in the same place at the same time. I would do ANYTHING to go back to Worlds again and be able to cheer with the best cheerleaders in the World.  It will be super hard to accomplish. We have to work our butts off at practices now so that we are trained hard enough to go there. It will take 120% of dedication at all practices and 150% effort in order to get there. If we actually did go to worlds, it would be just as fun as it was last year. The work we put in at practice will be what we get out at our competitions. We are supposed to go to New Orleans to get a bid in February but im not totally sure that is even going to happen. Our coach just had back surgery and will be out for a while and we really dont have a good coach right now which means every single person on the team needs to step up there game and figure out what they want.  On top of that, we have had over 5-6 people just quit in the past month. No one knows how big of an impact that makes on a team if you dont finish out your commitment to a team. If everyone wants to go to Worlds that bad, they will make it happen. Its all a matter of how bad you want it. The will to put in your effort and time and dedication at practice will only lead to better performances at competitions. We go to Branson next week and will see how branson goes then we go to a couple others before some of the big ones. Im praying that we will be able to go to atleast New Orleans if we cant go to worlds but its all a matter of Gods timing and what he wants. We are puting in extra practices every week to make our goal happen and I would seriously love to go and put in all of the effort that I have to be able to go to Disney World, Florida in order to compete at the Cheerleading Worlds.



What if I never became a cheerleader? What if I never did gymnastics? What if I never went to the one cheerleading practice with my cousin? What would I be now? Who would I be now?
This topic is crazy for me. Condsidering I have been cheering for 12 years now, I dont know where my life would have led if I choose another sport, or didnt even be in a sport. Its weird to think about that stuff but its true. I had played softball a little bit in middle school but stopped when I got to high school to do HS cheerleading. Im glad I did that because it kept me busy and on my feet. Literally. We cheered at basketball games and football games which was so much fun. Honestly, I have so many more friends with being in cheer than Im sure I would have if i never did cheer. Most of my classmates supported me as being a cheerleader and always supported me in assemblys and at games. It was really nice to know that they all loved watching me do what I love. Also, with competitive cheer, I have SO many friends within my gym. Most of my friends currently are all in cheer with me. They are the ones by my side the most and trust me with everything. Without cheer I really dont know how many friends I would still have since I graduated from HS. Cheerleading has brought me through a lot and taught me so many things about sports, people, and even my body. It will bring me through the bad days im having and most always the good! I have also been many places with cheerleading. I have traveled to at least 25 different states just being involved in cheerleading. I think that this has made me love to travel and go places especially if its with my second family and best friends. I wouldnt be near as active if i wasnt in cheer thats for sure. Everyone always has to say, "cheerleading isnt a sport". I prove them wrong. Thats every cheerleaders job is to prove all of those haters wrong. It is a sport and I will always support that no matter what.



What if gas prices weren't so high? What if you only had to pay a little amount for a full tank of gas. If gas was at a lower price like less than a dollar or even a "dollar something" I think it would help out America tremendously. The thing is, a lot of people have cars but gas prices have become so high that they can not aford to put any gas into the cars that they have. America would have so much more money to spend on other things if gas wasnt so sky high. Im not even sure how it works and who and or what bring gas down or up but they need to compromise and understand that if we didnt have to pay a full $80 everytime that we filled up our cars, a lot of people would be able to pay for insurance, food, shelter, and other necessry things that our society needs. Also, the people who work wouldnt have to spend half their pay check every week to fill up their cars to get to work and run the errands that they need to run. When you actually add it up, gas prices literally take up your pocket of money. If you write a plan for every week how much money you should spend, its a ridiculous amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment