Monday, February 3, 2014

Cheerleading

After being a cheerleader myself for over 12 years, I have decided that it would be in my interest to be a cheerleading coach for a team. I am in a job called UCA and we travel all over the region of the Midwest to teach cheer camps to elementary, middle school, and high schoolers. I have only been with this job for 2 years now but I love it! Coaching and telling people in cheerleading what they did wrong is what I love to do. I want to make people and athletes better by coaching and helping them with whatever they need help with. It would be even cooler if I could create my own cheer gym with a few friends and have multiple teams to take to competitions and travel with. I have always thought that having my own team would be awesome. And if they got to be good enough, I could take them to The Cheerleading Worlds when they were ready. That is obviously every cheerleader and cheer coaches dream. I think that coaching a team would benefit me and the children themselves. I am experienced enough to be able to teach little ones and big ones and possibly run a business with a few other people.  It would be very time consuming and I would have to be very loyal to the job and children in cheer but it would be very worth it. Another thing is getting the kids signed up and ready to cheer at my gym.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter (who is 6) loves gymnastics and cheer-leading like most little girls do. More than likely she will never become fabulous at this sport, but she absolutely loves going to class and seeing her coach. She has learned so many positive things from the coaching staff. I think it is a great thing to be a coach, but a better thing to be an inspiration/leader to young men and women! Great job! Keep your dreams alive and they will be your reality!

    ReplyDelete