Friday, February 7, 2014

Personal Credo

I believe that everyone has something that they love to do. Anything from sports to their career. Having something that you love to do will help you go further in those things and even the things you don't like to do. I also believe that we all have friends that we tell everything to and hang out with on the weekends. Those friends that you make in high school, may even carry over to college friends. I believe that your parents have a big impact on who you are and how you act.  Personally, I follow my moms footsteps everywhere and look up to her. Being a strong and held together woman, she is a good person to look up to. My church is another thing that I believe I stay loyal to. Going to church every Sunday and sometimes every Wednesday if I can. I go to strengthen my relationship with Christ but to also make an impact on others lives around me. I want to have children some day and raise them the exact same way my mom and dad raised me.  To love one another, go to church every Sunday, and never believe everything that you hear. Some of my past choices aren't my favorite choices. My present choices are who make me who I am today and tomorrow, such as going to work, school, and cheer practices.  My future choices are ones that I will make in order to have a family, graduate from college and get my degree in something that I love to do.


Freewrite

A grown up Barbie by Jane Hamill

I read the story called, "A grown up Barbie." As i was reading through it, I was wondering what she was trying to get at for a plot. As I reached the end, I understood exactly where she was coming from. I totally agree with that Jane wrote about being whoever she wanted to be and who she looked up to was who she made it to be. I related to the parts where she talked about as a kid she wanted to be just like barbie and do everything Barbie did. As she grew up and became a fashion designer, she found out that if you look up to someone who you know you want to be than you can take things better from them. I disagreed with her when she said shes a anti- fashion designer fashion designer, because that technically makes no sense. Yes, disagreement is "okay" because not everyone is going to ever agree with you. There will always be people who believe different things and never agree with you. I believe that is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment