Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dictionary of Words

It was summer time. All of the flowers were blooming, and the birds were chirping while the temperature just hit an all time high. It was honestly hard to believe that Christmas was already on its way in a few months. My sister and I had just got out of school for the year and had a trip down to Florida planned. 2 weeks later, we flew down to the wonderful sunshine state and stayed on a beautiful resort on the beach.  We could live on the ocean if we got to choose. The language and accents down here in Destin was a lot different than good ole Springfield, MO. When folks down here talk to you, they always have to say, "Ya'll" instead of you all.  Doesnt bother me, but it sure is a lot different to hear all of the time. After laying out by the colorful beach all day, we went back to our resort. With that feeling of bubbles still between our toes, we showered and got ready for the nightly adventures that we were about to begin. Shelby my sister and I went out to eat a nice pizza dinner together. I kept having to tell her to stop because she always tends to get crazier than a petcoon. Indubablly, we weren't sure what our activities consisted of, we just walked around and did the first thing that we saw. She would always tell me, "Come on sis" when I was unsure about her decisions on what to do. I was always a fungo type of person who liked to do things on my own and she was always the opposite. Every time I told her that she was wrong she will respond, "bet" because she thinks she knows everything. Being the nice older sister I am, I will respond, "Alright" to make her happy. Our first stop was a whimsical little beach house right next to a diesel gas station. There were always fun parties on the beach when we went down there so we always made sure to check them all out. This beach house was at a little house up on stilts that was the color of stick butter. So tiny that you could hear the backglass in the bathrooms. After meeting new people in the house and playing a few games, Shelby and I decided we should leave and start heading back to the resort. The simplicity of the city was just a bunch of wonderlust of joy. When we left, we decided to go down to the beach and walk along the ocean front. The water being so clear it looked like a live aquascape. Our bound back to our rooms was longer than we expected. We both needed to get some sleep from our busy funfilled day. We were both feeling a little knackered out. With the feeling of being a little wonky, we wondered our way back to our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment