Monday, March 17, 2014

Somewhere I would rather be

This place that I would rather be is on the beach in Florida. Laying on the beach, soaking up the sun wiht the weather that is hotter than anywhere else. Where the temperature gets up to a solid 101 in the spring time. The place in florida is a place where many come to visit and spend time at because the scenary is so real and beautiful to ponder at. With the souvenier shops on every block you look at and the night life is the highlight of your day. It has many places to shop like the 4 gigantic malls that are about 2 miles within one another. The sun is shining bright every single day, minus the little thunderstorm every few days or so. This place bring memories to me every time I step foot onto the hot feet burning sand. A place where me and my family would vacation every summer together and I would go back home looking like a different race becasue I soacked up so many sun rays.

Everything you can see in the beautiful city of Destin, Florida is outstanding. From the big builings that look like they can touch the sky, to the small little ice cream shops on the corners of downtown. You can always find a pelacan bird flying near by and always getting their sun on the sand by the beaches. You can always see millions of visiters in the summer who lay out on the beaches and take up way too much room along the shore for anyone else to lay out and enjoy it themselves. Also, you can see the beach boys running along the coast as they get in shape for the summer and sports. If you spend the day laying by the beach, you can always find boats in the distance and always some surfboarders out catching some big waves.

When you sit by the beach during the day, all you can hear is the birds singing and chirping and the waves crashing down only feet away from you. Even if you live close to the beach or stay in a hotel on the beach, you can walk outside on the doorstep and still hear the waves crashing down into the bay. Even at night you can hear the waves even clearer because there is not so many people out there. That's the most soothing sound to the ears. Around the downtown area, all you hear is cars, music, and people, laughing with their joyous friends. Its a fun place to be and makes people happy so you can always count on a laugh every now and then. The night life has a little more sound to it. Things from loud pounding music to screaming girls at the clubs.

Things that you can touch are unbelievable. If you are at the beach, then you can touch quite a bit of things. You can touch the saltwater running against your skin and the sand getting between each of your little toes. There are many sea animals and many are touchable as well. The birds are sometimes touch able and even the crabs that come out at night if you can catch on, you can touch it fast if you risk getting pinched. You can touch the sunscreen that lathers your body so that the sun does not tear up your skin and the smooth touch of aloe Vera if you did get burnt. Touching a drink at night on the beach and feeling the rush go though your body.

The smell isn't always the most decent thing if you don't enjoy a fishy kind of smell. Anywhere on the beach or close to the beach is going to have a fishy and salty kind of smell to it. The town is normally a pretty clean town so I'm not saying it smells bad, but it may not always smell like roses. The downtown and city area you can always count on smelling some kind of meal and dessert. The food is another big thing to the area and will always be a strong smell. By the beach, you may also smell drinks such as beer when you have older adults who want to have a drink on the beach.

The taste is a wonderful thing in Destin, Florida. The taste of the fresh seafood cooked up for you to the fresh hamburgers that are grilling in the back that taste like heaven. I'm not a seafood kind of person so I eat the other things that taste just as juicy and good to me. When you are swimming in the ocean, you will definitely taste some yummy tasting salt water along with some sand I'm sure. That of course is not what anyone wants to exactly taste but that's life if you re at the beach! Tasting the fresh air off of the beach and the hot summer breeze is always a good feeling as well.

I went to this place when I was 5, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14. I have gone for family vacations many of times and wish I could just live there. I have gone 6 times and always gotten the best tan I could ask for, and got to swim with the dolphins multiple times. My family and I have also gone to the museums there and toured around there and gotten to see the beauty of the sea life and more. We also have drove dun buggies around on the beach which has been one of the best parts. Another time we went down there and rode these bike looking things but had 4 seats and 8 different pedals for every one to pedal it. That was a lot of fun! I want to go again this summer so I can go and soak up the sun like in the past and enjoy my self and my family and eat some good food at the restaurants that face the beach. Now that I'm of age,  I think it would be fun to check out the night life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment